Fulfill Your Fantasy At A Price Withing Reach
Traditional guided tours provide one or more bilingual guides, a van to help you along the way with anything from drinks and snacks to repairs and many other great amenities that all add to the cost of your tour. By eliminating some of these services, we save quite a bit of money while still experiencing the most exciting aspects of a European cycling tour. Our bikes are high quality hybrids, so mechanical problems are rare and we have a local emergency contact just in case.
On our tours, people come together to form a community where some people may speak a little of the local language, others are comfortable changing flat tires or making minor repairs, or map reading…..you get idea; everybody contributes in whatever way they can. It’s very much like the comfort of cycling with a group of friends. Only you are doing it in a grand new place.
We generally ride together, stopping to see interesting sights along the way and free to be spontaneous. The focus is on the experience rather than getting to the destination as quickly as possible. Really, our only deadline is to be at our hotel in time for dinner.
- spend much of their day waiting for people,
- have less time to enjoy the sights and
- have to bypass some wonderful attractions.
Not meeting the fitness level expectations is just not fair to the rest of the groupIf you cannot keep up the recommended pace, we recommend that you rent an E-Bike, but you must still be comfortable with the speed and with coasting downhill at a same speed equal to what we do on flat ground.
Our minimum fitness level requires that you:
- Be comfortable riding for several miles at 12 mph (on flat ground) without stopping.
- Have been able to ride 25 miles at least two days in a row in the month before the tour.
- Are able to ride up and down moderate hills coasting at the same speed as on flat ground.
Cancellation PolicyAll cancellations are subject to a fee:
- $200 per person if done 60 days before tour departure date.
- $350 per person if done 31 to 60 days before tour departure date.
- No refund will be given if cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to tour departure date.