Cycling With Us
Our rides are easy-paced, casual cycling that rolls at the pace of the group. No one is ever dropped and there is plenty of time for socializing before, during and after the ride. Our goal is to help move people beyond the bike path and gain the confidence to ride in less protect places,
If you are interested in getting involved or leading rides in your area, just send an email to Bruce Lederer and we’ll see that it happens.and
Below is a list of events that are being run by Bike Rides for Ordinary People,we know about , or have been asked to list. If you want to list an event on this calendar, please use our submission form.
Sunday, April 12, 2020
Easter on the Charles
- Mileage: 20 miles
- Terrain: Mostly Flat
- Destination: Arlington, Cambridge, Boston and back (map)
- Meeting Place: In front of the Kickstand Cafe at 594 Mass Ave in Arlington Center. It’s close to the intersection of Mass Ave and Pleasant St. (Route 60).
Please park on the street, not in their lot.
- Meeting Time: 9:45am. Leave promptly at 10:00
- Other Notes: Ride down the bike path, through Harvard Square and down to the Arthur Fielder statue by the Esplanade. Depending on the weather or the group, we may ride a little further.
Sunday, June,14, 2020
Bicycles Battling Cancer
- Start Location: Hillside School, 404 Robin Hill Street Marlborough, MA
- Short Description: The 12th annual Bicycles Battling Cancer ride will take place on Sunday, June 14, at the Hillside School in Marlborough. This one-day, fully-supported ride consists of 30-, 50-, 70- and 100-mile scenic loop routes through central Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. All routes are fully supported and stocked rest stops including drinks, snacks, first aid support and volunteer bike mechanics. Each rider is required to raise a minimum of $500. There will be a post-ride celebration including great food, beer and entertainment upon the return to Hillside School. Participants, family, friends and cancer survivors are invited to celebrate at the finish line to recognize and celebrate the riders’ efforts to fight back against cancer.
- Event URL: www.BicyclesBattlingCancer.org
- Contact Name: Christina Fog